Independence Day 2011

On July 4th we woke up bright and early and walked to Porter Park. This has been our third summer together in this town and it was the first time that we witnessed the annual 4th of July parade in Rexburg. It was pretty fun. We met some of our friends there and even tossed a volleyball around before we left.


After the parade, we went home and got some food together to take over to our neighbor's place. We had a BBQ! It was so delicious! I think this day is the day I eat the most meat I ever do the entire year.


That evening we went to Nature Park to see the so called Fireworks. We waited an hour and saw nothing spectacular because (I found out later from another source) that they started 2 hours late. HA. Too bad. We still had fun with some little fireworks that our friends brought along. It was SO FUNNY because we kept trying to light the sparklers but the wind kept blowing out the matches almost every time we tried. I couldn't stop laughing every single time another match went out. We were almost out of matches but we finally got them to light.


Above all, the day was one to remember. I am SO GRATEFUL to live in this country and be a citizen. I love the U.S.A.







Captions for pics starting from the top: The lovebirds at nature park, Our lovely BBQ lunch, Samuelito posing at the parade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago