In the great outdoors





This past weekend we did the unthinkable. We went camping with our 6 month old son. And you know what? IT WAS GREAT!!

I'll admit it, I was a little skeptical about the idea even though it was just for one night, but I am so glad that we spent the night, it was worth it. (Ok, so we own air mattresses and we brought one with us) I had such a great time with Roberto and the rest of our ward. We were lucky enough to enjoy the Bishop's mom's property. They had tons of space and we even were allowed to go use the bathroom inside of their house, so it was pretty much the nicest camping experience I've ever had.

I thought of bringing the pack and play for Samuel to sleep in, but it wouldn't have fit inside the medium size tent we brought with us. We just ended up putting him between us and he slept just fine. There were no screams of bloody murder so I was very grateful.

At this place they had a bunch of old playground toys and it was so fun to see it all. They also had this huge rope swing attached to a tree. Roberto talked me into doing it, so I had to climb up the stairs against the shed and stand on the roof of the shed and then jump off. It was SO SCARY to be up there. After 5 minutes of cheering me to jump off, I finally got the courage to just jump and I was just fine. I even did it a second time. :) Roberto did it like 7 times.

That night we had a dinner, made 'smores and played games like UNO. The following morning we had a scrumptious breakfast of pancakes, eggs, bacon & sausage. YUM.

Lessons I learned during this past weekend: Sometimes you just need to give things a chance even though they don't seem ideal (camping with a baby)or even if you are very scared to try it (jumping off the roof on a rope swing).

We had a BLAST. Oh I almost forgot, we also learned how much Samuel loves riding in a toy car while we push him.



Comments

  1. Oh, fun! Way to be brave! I still haven't braved camping with Livie, and she's almost a year! It sounds like you guys had a really great time and I have to say that the photo with Samuel in the car is ADORABLE! I love him. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would love love love to go camping but Ben's job does not allow us to do those fun summer things. I think I would have been scared to take my 6 month old baby camping as well, so props to you for trying!
    Love the picture of your little Samuel riding in the car. He is getting so grown up and so handsome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago