Daybreakians

We had another great day together as a family here in the beautiful community of Daybreak.

The weather makes us want to go outside and play a lot. We are grateful for Roberto's flexible work schedule and his availability to take us out and spend time with us.


I feel like we are starting from the beginning again. I was telling my mom this afternoon, that instead of feeling like I should be celebrating Abram's first birthday, it feels like it has been two or more years that have past, because of all of the illness, both physical and mental that I have experienced in the past year.

Honestly, though, going through all of the pain and suffering and testing and trial of our love and relationship, has made it mean that much more to us and has given me a more firm testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of my eternal marriage and partnership with Roberto, the love of my life.

I am so grateful for modern medicine, for psychiatrists and for technology.

I want to take a minute and talk to women. I want to reach out to mothers. Mothers who try so hard to just put a smile on their face and get their hair brushed in the morning. Mothers who run on empty, Mothers who work two jobs and never see their kids, Mothers who face loneliness and guilt in the solace of their bathroom floor.

Please, please, reach out to someone. We all need a little help now and then. We are all trying so very hard to just be okay.

I don't expect anyone to do it by themselves. So why should you?

<3 jess="" nbsp="" p="">

Comments

  1. I really admire how open you are about the subject of mental illness. I look at it from the perspective of all being a brain chemical imbalance and you don't get to control that so there should be no shame about it. I also admire that you have reached out. You are a brave woman and stronger for going through this and coming up on top. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have been sharing your experience. We need so much more openness and far less shame surrounding mental illness. I also love that you share your testimony. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago