WICKED!

On August 9th 2014 one of my biggest wishes came true, I saw WICKED the musical at Capitol Theater in Salt Lake City.

I first found out about this musical at my first year of college at BYU-Idaho back in 2007. I instantly fell in love with the songs and watched the clips from the musical on YouTube and I KNEW that someday I would go see it.

Well I FINALLY had that chance!

The whole week before I was to go, I was SO EXCITED!! I kept singing the songs and picturing in my mind what it would be like to see it in person. The night before the day of the show I felt like a child on Christmas Eve. Seriously. I was ecstatic.

I made sure we left the house with plenty of time and arranged a babysitter for Samuel days before since my Mother and my sister would also be going. Thing was, my sister had no clue that my mom had bought tickets for them to go. So we all got in the car and joked about where we were going. When we finally got there my sister was pretty surprised! It was fun to see her reaction.

Well once I finally got in my seat I couldn't believe how good of a view we had. I was jumping up and down in my seat and the show hadn't even started yet!

So, unless you are crazy about musicals like I am, you won't comprehend how emotional of an event this was for me. When the music started and Glinda came down in her bubble I felt tingly all over. The moment I first teared up was when Elphaba came running out onto the stage making her first appearance. I couldn't believe I was actually seeing this, in person, it was for real!!

The musical was AMAZING. I would go see it again in a heart beat. The music, the special effects, the costumes, it was all marvelous. Every penny I spent on those tickets was worth it to me. I loved the message of the musical. Things aren't always as they seem.

So, if you ever get the chance to see WICKED, don't miss it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago