Mom of one


Currently I am a stay at home mom of a three year old boy.

It's amazing how drastically my life has changed now that my son is SO much more independent. Not that it isn't as hard, it's just different.

Instead of being sleep deprived or constantly thinking about if he's eating enough, I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to entertain him or if he's learning what he should know.

A couple months back, I thought I preferred the first year phase of raising a child compared to raising a toddler or preschool age child, but now I realize it was just being baby hungry, because every phase has its pros and cons.

For instance right now, most days, Samuel wakes up after I do, and even when he does wake up before me, he is old enough to go grab a drinkable yogurt from the fridge or go to the bathroom on his own, etc. I can stay in bed longer if I need to. The other day he just kept asking me every ten minutes if it was time for me to get up until I finally got up.

There are some moments when we play together, with his cars or action figures, but it usually lasts a little while. He talks a lot, even more so when I engage in conversation with him. I like that. It's so fun to listen to him express himself. He can tell me which cereal he wants me to buy or which movie he wants me to rent. His personality is more noticeable now, he's growing into a person!

I can do chores and he will go do his own thing. Don't know if this is a trait every child has, but most of the time, he just wanders around keeping to himself while I do housework. Honestly though, I think I just got lucky with Samuel. I mean he's NOT perfect by ANY means, but he is a good child.

As much as I look forward to the day our family grows, it really makes me wonder what it would be like with another child in the mix and how different that child will be in comparison to Samuel. All the reason to enjoy this phase of my life as a mommy of one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago