What is happening???

Around the beginning of October I could feel my energy leaving me little by little. I would take naps and
get out of bed late. I wondered if something was happening. Months earlier my family freaked out when they saw how my tongue had turned a darker purple color on the edges, did it have to do with that? Well since nothing else was going on I didn't think much of it.

Then on Saturday morning October 19th, I felt nauseous and SUPER tired. I planned on going to the temple, so we went, but I ended up just laying down on a sofa in the ladies room until Roberto was done. That same weekend I dragged myself to church and was so exhausted that it was WORK just to write on the board.

On Monday I completely lost my appetite. I tried eating but I just felt like vomiting. The same thing happened the next couple days until Wednesday came and I finally gave in to my body's urge and I threw up. The ritual continued until Friday came and I was taken to my mother's home.

That Friday I went to an urgent care clinic and told them of my misery. They couldn't find anything noticeably wrong, so they did more blood work that would take a couple days to get results from. That weekend, I laid in my mother's bed as she tried to nurse me back to health. As hard as she tried, my body did not want food. It just got worse.

That Sunday night was one of the hardest moments of my life. I sat on the couch and tried my best to get up on my own. My body was literally so weak that I could not even walk down the hall to the bathroom to brush my teeth. My mother grabbed me and walked me down the hall. I could not comprehend why I could not function. What was wrong with me? Why was I so weak? What was the purpose of all this?

The next morning felt like a dream. It was as if there were clouds all around me. I tried so hard to convince myself that it was real. That my dad really was talking to me, telling me that we were going to the hospital. I was losing it.

We made it to the hospital and then I realized it was real. I was SO relieved. I had been admitted to the hospital for extremely low blood pressure and dehydration. Roberto had called my parents, telling them that my blood work results came back and I had low sodium and high potassium. I kept wondering what in the world was happening to me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago