A new life

I came home on Halloween. At this time I had a general idea of my condition and what it entailed. Whatever I didn't quite understand was answered by my Mother or Roberto, both who had done their research and knew more than I did. I announced to my extended family and friends via social network about my diagnosis and I felt content.

We took Samuel to Roberto's work trick or treat activity and had a great time. I even got to see some good friends later that night at a get together. Overall it was a good day.

Then the next day came and with it a TON of unwanted stress. I suddenly became overwhelmed. I started thinking of every single person I knew. I wanted them to know what had happened. I wanted to talk to them so they could understand. So that's what I tried to do. I called some friends. What I didn't know was that I wasn't ready. Emotionally I couldn't handle talking about it, when I hadn't fully internalized it myself.

Since then things have gotten MUCH better. I am completely in awe of how things happened. God was with me the entire time. He led me to that hospital, He gave me the diagnosis, He inspired SO many to give me service when I was in great need. What an experience to remember. As difficult and horrible as it was, it is because of it I have changed.

Things feel like they once did. Modern medicine makes it possible for me to live a normal life. To say I am grateful is an understatement. :)



Comments

  1. I cannot even comprehend what you have been through this past month. I hope you are doing well and feeling like things are getting back to "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  2. your family is adorable! and let me say I love your haircut! love love love it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago