Jessica Cedeño BAKES?

So a while back we had some bananas that were getting very ripe and I thought to myself- I haven't tried making banana bread yet, maybe I'll save those for that. So a couple days later I throw the bananas in the freezer.

Days pass and I look for a recipe and make sure I get everything I need to make the bread. Sunday comes and I say- I want to make that bread now. So I get the bananas out and look at the recipe only to find that I am missing a very important ingredient-baking soda. So I put the bananas back in the freezer and make a note that I need to buy baking soda.

A few days later I finally have everything I need to make the bread-so I made it, and let me tell you, it was GOOD. I thought I was eating something that someone else with years experience had made. I couldn't believe that it came out that well on the first try.

You can imagine how happy Roberto was about this. :D It makes me confident to try other recipes too. I don't love to cook, but I like to eat good food and my husband LOVES to eat good food so it gives me a reason to find great recipes. So here I share the recipe I found and a pic of the result.

Banana Bread

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips (optional)
  • 2 medium bananas, mashed

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago