Pregnancy



So here begins the first of many posts to come about our darling baby to be.

I am now at 17 weeks and sporting a little bump. Sometimes I feel like its really noticeable and then other days I feel like there's nothing, its weird. I guess it depends on what I wear too.

Speaking of clothing, I NEED to buy maternity pants! I feel like I am so limited as to what I can buy being here in little 'ol Rexburg. So I need people's advice. Where have you gone to buy maternity clothing? Any tips so that I can save money and still look cute? I would really appreciate it.

I have been feeling pretty dang good. I feel so blessed, really I kinda feel bad telling some other girls who have gone through pregnancy already and had to deal with all the morning sickness junk really badly because I just smile and say, Nope, I've been great and then they say LUCKY! And YES I do know that I am lucky and I am grateful.

Its funny, I'm not even that big yet and yet the thought of getting any bigger kinda scares me. I mean not so much because of image, but just being able to carry around all that extra weight and not fall over myself. HAHA. So yeah, that's pretty much what's been going on. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow!! I LOVE going to the doctor just for the fact that I can hear the heartbeat again and it makes me soooo HAPPY!

Oh I almost forgot, I'm pretty sure I felt baby move inside of me. :D If any of you wish to share when you could distinguish the baby's movements let me know how you knew it was the baby and not something else. lol.

The picture above is me at 16 weeks. Its weird, I look at the photo and I think, I swear I felt so much bigger that day compared to how I look in this photo. Anyway, that's all for now!


Comments

  1. You look so cute!
    I totally felt the same way as you! I felt like it was so noticeable some days and not noticeable enough other days.
    So with maternity pants, here's a tip: get yoga pants. I bought some at Target and I was able to wear them all through my pregnancy since they stretch. I even can wear them now after being pregnant. I did buy a few maternity pants, but I could only wear those at specific times in my pregnancy and they weren't as comfy to me as the yoga pants. One pair though I got from Old Navy and I really liked them... they were lower cut and just had a stretchy waist. I had no idea Old Navy had maternity clothes until someone suggested it to me and I was so glad I went!
    And I didn't have much morning sickness either. The only time I threw up was after eating at a potluck ;) So it must have been something else.
    I don't remember when I first felt my baby, but I remember suddenly realizing that wait a minute, that it definitely some movement from the baby, not just me. At first it is hard to tell, but once they start moving more there is no mistaking.
    Sorry this is a long comment! We're so excited for you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to IF. I told you that. As for feeling the baby move, I starting feeling it around 16-17 weeks and it felt like flutterings. Well more like worms in my stomach, but fluttering is a more attractive way of saying it. You are way cute and will only get cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adorable! Look at that little bump! I got most of my pants from my sister-in-law. My suggestion: wherever you get them from, don't bother buying lots. Two or three will probably be fine as long as they're things like jeans (you know, things you can where over and over again and they all look the same). Having some dresses or skirts was nice since they're allow some airflow.

    It was probably the baby. Especially since there really isn't much else in there to cause you to feel like something's moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Ross is about the best place to buy maternity clothes. It's a little hard because they do sell for the season so they have a lot of shorts but their prices are better than just about anywhere else. I agree that you don't want to buy too much - it's not really necessary - but you will have to make sure your wardrobe accommodates a student teaching. I recommend skirts and dresses. They are comfy and light to wear, which is so nice. I also recommend just buying some stretchy clothes, maybe in a size or two larger than what you normally wear. I haven't purchased a single maternity skirt - I just have some really stretchy ones.
    I'm sure you are feeling baby move! That is so exciting!! I'm sure I was feeling Livie move before 17 or 18 weeks but since I didn't really know what to expect I wasn't positive until about 19 or 20.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When it comes to pregnancy I like to think in terms of months, smaller numbers to handle make it seem shorter of a wait. Anyway. Yep, I started to feel my babies move sometime during month 4 and 5. So I think it was probably the baby you felt moving. It's a very soft movement, so I can see how you were probably confused.

    Maternity clothes, I've gotten my maternity clothes from all over the place. Ross, Burlington, Old Navy, the mall. I don't have any favorites because to be honest they were all uncomfortable and not stretchy enough. So the best advice I can give you is buy larger than you think you will need, because you will keep growing and growing, and those last two months can get pretty uncomfortable if your clothes are too small.

    Anyway, you look cute with your baby bump. And high five for not having morning sickness. I didn't experience any of that either :) Good luck with everything. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago