31 weeks

Whoa. That's unbelievable. Am I really that close to having a baby, becoming a Mom and changing my life forever? YES! :) It really is so amazing to be on this journey of pregnancy. Every time I feel this baby take up even more space inside of me, I awe in amazement. I am so grateful for this miracle. I'm sure I'll be in even more awe after I actually have my baby.

Things have been pretty good. I was so glad when I passed my second glucose test. I don't wish that lousy test for anyone. I was so proud of myself for not puking when I totally felt like I was going to. I just forced myself to take deep breaths and look up and I overcame! There was no way I was going to drink another one of those things after 2 hours of waiting. Ha! Anyway, it was an experience I will never forget. I'm just glad I don't have a phobia of needles. Sheesh.

Other than that, the baby has been measuring the way he should and his heartbeat has been great every time I've been to the doctor. Can I just say something about my doctor? She rocks. I love how she always asks me if I have any questions and just listens to me and talks to me as a person. It really makes a difference when you see the same doctor for every visit. I'm glad it worked out that way with my clinic.

I've been wanting to sign up for a birthing class but I still haven't done it. Ugh. What are the pros and cons of taking or not taking a birthing class? I'd like to hear what you have to say. Will it make such a big difference if I don't take the class and just read up on stuff myself? Like I said, just share your opinion/experience.

On another note, work and student teaching have been going great. I got a good evaluation for midterm and that made me very happy. My supervisor has high expectations and very specific things she has to have in order for her to be happy. So I'm glad I've reached that point. I've been teaching all day now and its been fun but very tiring as the baby gets bigger. I need to remind myself to sit down here and there. Lucky for me my cooperating teacher is understanding and very helpful. Roberto is continuing his job on temple square and is enjoying it as well. I love my Roberto.He is awesome. I can't believe I've come this far. The end is in sight! Only five more weeks! :) Woohoo!

P.S. We finally picked a name for our little boy. :)



*SAMUEL*




********JUST Samuel. no nicknames. EVER.**********

Comments

  1. Jess! I'm so excited for you guys!! It seems like things are going really well! Samuel is a perfect name for you two. I can totally see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Samuel. (Although I actually also LOVE the name Sam. It sounds so true and loyal.)

    Okay, so here's my take on the birthing class thing: I thought about taking one, but decided I was too busy (and frankly, I was) so I just read some about it, but even then I didn't feel like I was learning anything that was a no-fail way of giving birth.

    My suggestions would be to decide very carefully who you wanted in there with you--I had Mike and my mum. Also realize no matter how much you try, there is only so much preparation you can do for something so intense and new to you. My biggest comfort was that I was born to do this--as were you. Women have been doing it for thousands of years in much worse circumstances and the majority of their children grew to produce their own children. You and I are no different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I neglected to say that my experience shouldn't keep you from attending a class if you want to. Whatever you feel would calm your nerves as you grow closer is what you should do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your glucose test went well - aside from the wanting to puke, part. I agree that that test is awful. I hadn't ever thought about having a needle phobia!! That would be really bad!

    I also love the name Samuel. It is a perfect name and I can't wait to see the little guy!

    Isn't student teaching awesome? I'm glad you've been having a good experience and I hope the next few weeks continue going well for you.

    I agree with Mal - do what helps you feel relaxed and as calm as you can possibly feel. It's true that there is only so much you can do and it is helpful to remember that your body is made for what you are doing. My only suggestion: involve Roberto as much as you can or he feels comfortable with. I read up on a lot of stuff and we took a birthing class. When we got to the class, I felt like I already knew everything the dr said and didn't have any questions. However, it was especially helpful for Dan to take the class. This way, he knew a little better what to expect and had ideas of what he could do to help me. That was a huge comfort for me and he was incredibly helpful through the whole process, just because he had learned some things. Anyway, that's my take on it.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed my birthing class, but a lot of the info that they had I already knew, and so it wasn't very beneficial. I liked that they helped me know what kind of breathing to do and we had practice time which was great for me and for Blake. It's a great couple strengthening experience, but you guys could probably do that on your own too. Come up with a birthing plan (for both possibilities, vaginal and c-section) and read about some tips. Talk about what helps you relax and make sure that Roberto is on the same page. You guys will rock! '

    Samuel is an awesome name, and I will try and remember the no nickname thing when you guys get back. Have you guys looked on finding a place to stay yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't take a birthing class with either boy. I felt like I wasn't going to learn anything different than what I was learning in my medical assisting classes. So I think it is totally possible to read up on everything and do just fine without the class- just ask your doctor and/or nurses if you ever have any questions about anything at anytime. However, if you are planning on trying to have Samuel without drugs, it might be a good idea to look into a class to help with visualization or some other form of pain management. I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago