An unexpected blessing (the story of how we bought our home)

In mid July, Roberto came home from work one evening and told me we had some things to discuss.

He had been working at his current job for just over a month. The company he works for, happens to deal with real estate. At work that day, he had met someone who he knew from his previous internship, Mark. Turns out, he was selling his house and so were his parents. Roberto also found out that one of his co-workers, Eric, is a realtor.

We weren't looking to buy a home. In fact, we weren't planning on it for another couple of years down the road. We wanted to save up a larger down payment and had some other goals we wanted to take care of first. So, buying a home was far from my thoughts. If you know me, I had other things on my mind.

So when Roberto came home and started talking about a house, I was VERY surprised. I knew that Roberto secretly wanted to wait and see if there was a chance for us to live outside of Utah. When he took this job, which is based out of Denver, Colorado, I wondered if he was hoping to be transferred there in the near future. So I was really, REALLY shocked to hear him talk about looking for a home, here.

That's how it all started. The opportunity presented itself and Roberto took it as a sign that we should look. Roberto's co-worker Eric, the realtor, suggested that we look at the market and compare since we were considering buying Mark's home, which we didn't even end up looking at, since it was out of our price range. Anyway, Eric became our realtor and we started touring houses.

To not make this story super long, I just want to really emphasize the importance of timing in our lives. Seriously friends. We hadn't checked to see that we were pre approved for a loan. We didn't even have all the money set aside for a down payment. But the ENTIRE process was complete in LESS than a month! It happened so fast, so smoothly, I couldn't believe it. When things are supposed to work out, they just DO.

Being in my own home is something that I was not anticipating for a while; and yet here we are, in a beautiful home that we get to call our own, and I am just SO grateful to my Heavenly Father for this unexpected blessing during this time of my life.

Life lesson learned: things happen when they are supposed to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago