Keep movin' forward

We have now lived in the basement apartment for 4 months!

When we first moved, we decided we were going to attend a Spanish speaking ward this time around.  Since Roberto and I have been married, we have always attended an English speaking ward. So we were looking forward to switching it up. Turns out my parents attend an English speaking ward, so we're not in the same ward.

We like the ward very much! I grew up attending spanish speaking wards and going to parties and I have missed that part of my culture. The activities in this ward have been great! Roberto was called into the Young Mens Presidency as a counselor and I was called into the Primary as a teacher. Roberto enjoys being with the youth and I of course love teaching, so I was happy to say yes to being in Primary.

About a month ago, a recruiter contacted Roberto about possible job opportunities. Roberto wasn't actively looking for another job, but he gladly accepted the opportunity to find something better. So began the lengthy process of interviews. There were two positions at two different companies that he was interviewing for. Of course I wasn't there during the interviews, but just talking to him everyday as he came home afterwards gave me good insight as to how grueling the process was. It made me admire him a lot.

Roberto has a wonderful personality and amazing technical skills. I have no doubt in his potential to do great things. In the end, BOTH companies wanted to hire him, but one couldn't because of his lack of years of experience in the field for the position they wanted to fill. The other company initially was looking for a contract-to-hire, meaning the position would've been hourly wage only and no benefits until 4-6 months of performance and then the paperwork would be done to be hired on full time. But they liked Roberto so much, that they offered him a full time position, salary and benefits all from day one. We were thrilled! We gladly accepted the offer. This new job has amazing pay and really good benefits.

The Lord has truly blessed us. We are so excited to see where this new job takes us! Congrats honey!! You are AMAZING!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago