My new hobby

For Christmas last year, I decided that I was going to get myself a couple of things to take care of my nails. 

My nails weren't in horrible shape, but they always went through a phase of growing out, being painted a few times, then breaking and being cut down again. I hadn't really taken care of my nails consistently.  So I did a little research and decided to invest in a nail strengthener and a couple polishes. 

I used the nail strengthener as directed on the bottle and by the end of the first month I could already feel a difference in the strength of my nails. My nails were dented a little and were dark in color because of my Addisonian crisis, so I was anxious for them to grow out. That also motivated me to keep them painted and so I began to give myself a weekly manicure. It took about 4 months for my nails to completely grow out. 

Another thing that I wanted was for my manicures to LAST. How annoying is it to paint your nails to have them chip in a day or two? So again, doing a little research and investing a little money, I learned about the importance of using a base coat and a top coat. I also learned the trick of sealing the free edge (painting the tips of your nails with the base color and top coat). All these tips have allowed my manicures to last me a whole week. I don't see any chipping until the 6th day, and that's even with doing dishes by hand and after showers. 

So now, every Wednesday I have my "me" time and give myself a manicure. Didn't think I would enjoy it so much, but it is relaxing and I have fun trying out nail art designs. It makes me feel more girly too. :) 

Obviously dealing with polish takes patience and practice. I'm still learning a lot. I also treat my nails differently than before. Nails are not to be used as tools. Moisturizing your hands several times a day and massaging the cuticles helps the health of your nails. Like anything else, if you take the time and effort, you'll see the results. :)

Here are some designs I have done: 




Comments

  1. Cute nails. They look really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun hobby! Your nail polish designs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been SOOO bad at blogging/reading up on blogs so i'm just now reading this. but your nails look great!! doing my nails while watching my favorite shows/movies is definitely my me time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago