Change is GOOD

Hello!

Take a look at these.



This is a picture of the first successful batch of chocolate chip cookies (as far as I know) that I made completely on my own. They were GOOD.

Now if you know me, you'll know that I don't bake. Not naturally. I don't get these sudden urges to just bake like some do. If by some miracle I do, it's because Roberto is begging. Anyway, a couple months back, a friend of mine (who LOVES to bake) and I decided that we would get together and bake. I'm so glad we did. :)

After all this time, I have come to realize that my attitude towards baking changed because I actually chose to do it and came to appreciate it. (Don't worry I'm not going to get caught up on cookies, this is where I stop talking about cookies)

My point is, there are plenty of things that I naturally don't like doing, or don't consider myself good at. I think a lot of times we stop ourselves from doing things just because it's not what we're into or we don't feel comfortable.

Another reason why I'm thinking this way so much is because of my new adventure as a business woman. You know, the bottom line is, if you really wanted to do something, you would do it. Half the time we don't know what we want because we don't even bother trying it out! Ultimately I know that God put us on earth to change and that is my daily battle, to overcome my mortal body/emotions and reach my spiritual potential.

Change is GOOD. We are here to change for the better, to make our weaknesses our strengths, to overcome all pessimistic thoughts of ourselves. We just need to face it one cookie at a time.






Samuel says hi!




















Comments

  1. so true. and the cookies do look great! I can't believe how big your lil boy is! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds oddly similar to our conversation last Thursday. :) And makes me feel like I need to kick it in gear and just try things I'm "sure" I won't like. Your cookies look fantastic! And I love the cookie metaphor at the end of your post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago