Whoa. That's unbelievable. Am I really that close to having a baby, becoming a Mom and changing my life forever? YES! :) It really is so amazing to be on this journey of pregnancy. Every time I feel this baby take up even more space inside of me, I awe in amazement. I am so grateful for this miracle. I'm sure I'll be in even more awe after I actually have my baby. Things have been pretty good. I was so glad when I passed my second glucose test. I don't wish that lousy test for anyone. I was so proud of myself for not puking when I totally felt like I was going to. I just forced myself to take deep breaths and look up and I overcame! There was no way I was going to drink another one of those things after 2 hours of waiting. Ha! Anyway, it was an experience I will never forget. I'm just glad I don't have a phobia of needles. Sheesh. Other than that, the baby has been measuring the way he should and his heartbeat has been great every time I've been to the docto...
When Roberto and I were first married, we considered something that most married couples (especially in our LDS culture) don't really have to think about. We were considering to either keep the last name that Roberto had or to change that last name to another family name. Why, you may ask? I'll tell you why (hence this post). Roberto's parents had him out of wedlock. (GASP) His dad was actually engaged to another woman when this whole affair happened (pretty scandalous, huh?) Roberto's mom was single. Anyway, Roberto was raised by his mother, since she didn't want any more drama with having to bring into the light what had happened between her and his father, especially since he was engaged to someone else. So, in Ecuador, Roberto was known as Roberto Ayuso (which is his mother's maiden name). (FYI: Roberto's dad did know about him and was somewhat involved in his life. Roberto has memories of seeing his dad when he was 3 or 4. Eventually, his dad's fa...
I really don't want to talk about this because I feel like a broken record. Some of you may already know about this struggle I am about to spill over about. Why am I writing this? I don't know for sure really. Maybe it's for me. Maybe it's for you. Well, here it goes. Why is the title of my post "2 years ago"? Well, that's because that's how long I've been waiting. That's how long I've been wanting. Yes, I want another child. Why hasn't it happened yet? I'm not sure. A LOT has happened in the past 2 years. My body has gone through A LOT just this past year alone (Addison's). I understand that. Kind of. But it still doesn't change how I feel about having another baby. This past weekend we had Stake Conference (it's a bigger church meeting) and at the Saturday evening session, a woman shared a story about her daughter, who had to wait 11 years to adopt her 2 children and have them sealed to her in the temple. She als...
Hahaha! Cute! I remember we had a lion mask when I was younger, but no body suit. That is so cute.
ReplyDeleteaw he makes such a cute lion!
ReplyDeleteLove the costume. He is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! All 3 of you were adorable that night!
ReplyDelete