The why behind my business adventures

So today I want to write a little about my journey as a business owner. As most of you know, I run an independent business through Mary Kay. Please understand that what I write is simply my experience and not a review about whether or not this business is right for anyone. Please, do NOT judge.

When I first joined, 8 months ago, I simply did because I wanted something else to focus on while I raise my family. I also wanted to challenge and stretch myself, to cross uncharted waters, and do something that I naturally wouldn't. Sounds crazy, right? Well, call me crazy, but I think if I'm going to learn anything, I have to DO something about it.

As I have done more with my business I find myself loving it more and more. Now I'm not going to sugar coat this for you, because the world calls me a salesperson, but all that I have been through that people classify as "hard", to me has been worth it. The more I experience a disappointment, the better I will be able to handle it the next time it happens. My husband called it growing thick skin. I'm not sure if I want to call it that, I like to call it, learning to manage my emotions.

Now please don't think that I'm writing all this to put myself on a pedestal, because, truly, this is my heart that I'm sharing with you. I truly believe that in order to  achieve something remarkable, we HAVE to experience opposition; that is true in every circumstance, doesn't matter what you're trying to accomplish.

Dealing with people can be difficult, but can also be very rewarding when you do have a success. It's not so much the stuff that I'm giving people (it is good stuff though), it's more the interaction and the impact we can have in each others lives. Instead of just doing this for me, I'm now also doing it for the other women whose lives will be forever changed. I know, you're probably thinking, lives changing? over lipstick? No, that's not what's it about. It's so much more.

Honestly, doing all this wasn't in my plans, but I can't deny the positive feelings that I have had in making this decision. I can say, without one single bit of shame, that Mary Kay will always be a part of my life.





Comments

  1. hey that's really awesome. i liked when you said how the more you experience disappointment, the better you'll handle it next time. i'm such a wimp for trying new things, mostly b/c of the fear of failing. you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're amazing and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago