Our sweet boy

At Temple Square December 2014

Oh it's been so long since I have posted an update on Samuel. Well since he had a birthday last month, I figure now is the time to do it! He is 4 years old now. How is that possible?! Celebrating his birthday was so much fun this year. He was filled with so much anticipation that when the day finally arrived, he was bursting at the seams with excitement! 

The day started off with him running into our bedroom and cheering happy birthday and then opening his present of a set of cars from the movie Cars which he has loved since he was 2. We then took him to lunch to his new favorite fast food place, Chick Fil A. Then later that day we went to the Living Planet Aquarium, which he LOVES. He especially loves looking at the sharks. We had his cousins join him along with our new neighbors. That night we had the family gather at our home for pizza and brownies, more of Samuel's favorite food. 

Samuel continues to speak Spanish fluently with us at home and is picking up English fairly fast from watching movies and going to an English speaking primary class at church. He is still a fan of Lightning McQueen but has also grown fond of various characters from movies he enjoys watching such as Wreck it Ralph, Mickey Mouse, Finding Nemo, etc. The list could go on and on! He quotes movies just like my family does! It's hilarious! I love listening to him, he has got a really good memory. He even memorized a picture book about the ocean and I got it on video, it was pretty impressive. 

We are so grateful to have Samuel in our lives, he is truly such a sweet spirit. Like I have mentioned before, Samuel has been a pretty good child, more mellow than other children I have met. Now that he is 4 and so much more aware of everything around him, I think that there will be a new dynamic to his temperament and it is going to be challenging, but his essence is still there. Today in sacrament meeting he just sat on my lap and hugged me, I am pretty sure that is rare for a 4 year old. I am grateful for that, for his ability to be so loving and affectionate, it really is a tender mercy.

Comments

  1. Man, how did that happen?! Even thought Livie is four I can't believe Samuel is (or Livie, for that matter). Such a sweet kiddo.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago