Since we've moved in...

 So we moved into our house last September...and I haven't really written much about our day to day happenings since then or about the house, so I'm going to do that now.

I feel like we got really lucky when it comes to the neighborhood we live in. Many of our neighbors are members of our local ward (church congregation) and they are very nice. The neighborhood is peaceful and I feel pretty safe. Now that we are in our own house, I can see why so many people dream about having one. Not that I didn't want one, I just wasn't crazy about it and was willing to wait a little longer if I had to. I sure am grateful. 

Our home is a rambler, there are three bedrooms and two bathrooms, one of those bathrooms is connected to our master bedroom (which I really like because it is a private bathroom) both bathrooms are standard. Our front room/receiving room has a bay window which lets in plenty of sunlight and shows a beautiful mountain view. We have a kitchen/casual dining area and a laundry room/mud room that leads to the two car garage. There is access to the backyard from the dining area. The backyard is fully fenced and there is a good amount of space back there to roam around and have get togethers. Downstairs we have a large family room that we have turned into a theater room. The rest of the downstairs is unfinished, but we plan on making a fitness room and two bedrooms and one bathroom. It's funny, the previous owners installed a toilet and sink already but that's how far they got. Our house has vaulted ceilings so it makes it feel a lot more spacious than it actually is. 

We painted the accent wall in our front room and our master bedroom. We've gotten plenty of furnishings and the like. It's amazing all the STUFF you can buy once you have a home. It's been fun and I look forward to the future projects that await us.

Here are some photos from when we first moved in and before we did painting and furnishing:



Front room 


Front room 



Hallway that leads to bedrooms & bathroom

Hallway& first bedroom right next to dining area
Casual dining area, stairs to basement and entry to laundry/mud room
Kitchen

View of dining/kitchen area from the stairs 

Backyard

More backyard


At church I was called as a beehive advisor, in other words, I teach the young women who are twelve and thirteen years old every Sunday. On a typical Sunday I have about 3 girls come. They are wonderful and I have learned so much from teaching them. Roberto was called as a ward missionary and assistant ward clerk. He enjoys going out on visits to get better acquainted with those who are less active. Samuel goes to Primary and enjoys it very much. It's funny, our friend told us that one Sunday she was substituting his class and she was talking to him in Spanish, since she knows he speaks it and Samuel said to her "At church, I speak English". LOL I thought that was too funny. 

Roberto continues to enjoy working for the company he is at right now. There were some changes made to the higher bosses a couple months back and that has made all the difference. He is very happy with how things are going right now and I hope that he will continue to thrive in that workplace. I am very grateful for his hard work and how he has provided for us so well. 

Samuel and I continue to enjoy our time together at home. I consider myself very spoiled. Being an at home mom with a boy who is 4 years old is pretty laid back. He will be going to preschool in the fall but only twice a week. I personally didn't want to do preschool, but since he is an only child I want him to go for the social interaction and to just get used to the idea of going to school. I'm excited to see what he thinks of it and how it will affect his personality in positive ways. I love that boy, he's turning into my little buddy. 

A little over a month ago, I started taking care of a little baby here at home. His Mother is a dear friend of mine and I was very happy to help her since she would have to go back to work. I watch him Monday through Friday for about 6 hours a day. He is such a good baby and we all enjoy his company. Samuel has been such a good helper! He wants to hold the bottle while I feed him, he wants to burp him, he even throws away the dirty diapers! He has even given him kisses and has told him that he loves him, it is too cute! We'll see if he decides to keep feeling this way. Life is good. 








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago