The year after

Has it really been ONE YEAR? Last year at this time, I was sitting in a hospital bed, recovering from my Addisonian crisis.

Last week, as I woke up on the morning of my brother's birthday, I couldn't help but tear up, as I remembered how miserable I was on his birthday last year, which was right before I had gotten super sick and eventually went to the ER days later. Ugh. That is a memory I never want to relive.

Being diagnosed with Addison's hasn't changed my life THAT much. Sure I take meds daily, which is probably the biggest change. I have to make sure I don't over exert myself physically. I wear a medical ID bracelet that never comes off. I am a little more conscious about what I eat, since the meds have changed my metabolism and it is easier to gain weight.

Yet, more than anything else, I think the experience has taught me to be grateful. Looking back on that time last year, I am so happy that I am NOT in that state anymore. I appreciate so much the fact that now I am WELL. I can enjoy my life! As funny as it sounds, simple things like going on a walk and being able to push Samuel in the stroller gives me joy, because I know what it's like to NOT have the energy to do that.

As fas as I know, Addison's is a condition that I will have to deal with for the rest of my life. Thanks to modern medicine, as long as I take my daily dose, I am just fine :) Thank you Lord for my beautiful life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hola!

2 years ago